Tuesday 30 December 2014

If I Can, You Can

Last night I was chatting with my Mom about how this month was looking with Younique.  As we approach the last day of the month and year, I was checking out my downline to see who was going to promote, who was sticking out as a great sales person or recruiter and how the people with big goals are progressing as rapidly as I did. I commented to her that I have noticed that one of the biggest reasons people quit or stop working the business is because they talk themselves out of it. So many start off strong and then get discouraged and decide that they can't succeed.  They decide that they won't be able to promote, reach their goals, make the kind of income they desire or change their lives. So they stop.  And guess what? They never promote, reach their goals or change their lives.  They never earn the big paychecks.  Is it because they couldn't do it? Is it because they weren't lucky or because they are incapable? NO! They talked themselves out of success.  They decided that they couldn't do it for one self defeating reason or another and gave up. You cannot sell if you are not working the business.

Now let's look at those who do succeed with Younique.  One thing that they all have in common is that they decide to rock this business.  They decide to work their tails off and do whatever it takes to be successful.  They decide to focus, persevere and keep going, regardless of any setbacks they may experience.  It doesn't mean that they don't have off days.  It just means that they made a decision to reach their goals and they are not going to allow anything, especially themselves, stand in the way.

I remember sitting in front of my computer in September 2014, 1 week after signing up as a Presenter. I was aware that there was an incredible opportunity with this company  I knew I was going to be successful. At that moment I decided to work harder, persevere longer and focus better than any other person out there.  While it may sound like I was trying to compete with others, my intention was to do the best that I possibly could [it's the leo in me].  I was competing with myself and the only one I had to out do was me. I used the example and actions of others to encourage me to keep going. Just shy of (4) months in, I've promoted three (3) times with Younique.  I have a downline of amazing girls AND guys that I am coaching and watching them change their lives for the better.  This is an amazing thing to be a part of but it all starts with a decision. And it wouldn't have happened if I had talked myself out of it.

So how do you make a similar decision? Get rid of self defeating talk.  Eliminate self defeating behavior.  Focus on what you CAN do instead of what you CAN'T.  Banish the fear of failing, the fear of criticism, and the fear of change.  You have the power to change your life.  You have to power to reach your goals and no one can't stop you but YOU! Don't be that girl saying to herself a year from now, "I wish I wouldn't have let that amazing opportunity slip through my hands" "That could have been me!"

Check out this video by a woman who never let anything get in the way of pursuing her goals:


No comments:

Post a Comment