Tuesday 24 February 2015

How to Make the Most of Your Mascara and Perfect Your Lash Look

Good morning, divas.  A few weeks ago I asked for some of your favorite mascara tricks, and the ones you left were brilliant!

So, here are five fantastic ways to work those lashes with a little help from our friend (3D Fiber Lash Mascara)…

1. Younique's 3D Fiber Lash Mascara


Although it seems like there’s a lot of steps to putting on the 3D mascara, it actually goes very quickly. I should also mention, that normally, before using Younique's 3D Fiber Lash Mascara, I would apply 2-3 coats of regular mascara, so I feel the time involved to apply the Younique is about the same. If you typically only apply 1 coat of mascara, then using the Younique, you’ll be adding on about 2-3 minutes to your regular makeup routine. I’m a busy mom like many of you are, but I would totally spend the extra 2 minutes if it would make my lashes look 5x better! PLUS, its in the same price range as the more expensive brands ($35).

[...but do the other brands come with a 14 day LOVE IT Guarantee or your money back??]

Here are the steps to achieve the look in the Before & After below.

1) First you apply 1 coat of your regular mascara (if you wish, but it is not necessary)
2) Then you apply 1 coat of the Younique transplanting gel (its black and resembles regular mascara)
3) Then you apply 1 coat of the Younique green tea fibers (it looks like pieces of black fluff on a mascara wand)
4) Then you apply another coat of the Younique transplanting gel to seal it



Here's another after shot:



2. Getting down to business


Business cards aren’t just for networking anymore, LOL! Keep a few of them handy for lash work.

“I use a business card to shield my lid. It helps me curl my lashes and make sure they're all coated!” – Lauren
 
“[I] use a credit card beneath [my] lower lashes to get them coated nice and good!” – Christina
 
“I use a business card to gently pull back my upper lid so the lashes are vertical, and I can get at every single one. :) The business card also stops me from getting mascara smudges all over my eyeshadow!”Jennifer
 
 
 
 
 3. It's getting hot in here...


“My secret is to heat my eyelash curler with a hairdryer so that my lashes curl better and stay put!” – Sara
 
“One of the best tips I've picked up is when your mascara starts getting dried out and clumpy, soak the tube in a cup of HOT water (obviously, with the mascara sealed shut). The heat will help make the mascara formula a little thinner and liquidy, and you can get a few more uses out of it.” – Kimmie
 
 
 
wand 4. What's old is new again...

Don’t toss out your old mascara wands; recycle ‘em instead!


“I wipe off the mascara wand as well to help prevent clumping. I also keep an old (but clean!) mascara wand handy and use it before my mascara dries to help separate the lashes if they do get clumpy, if I do not have a metal lash comb handy.” – Venessa


5. Powder play...

Powder isn’t just for keeping the shine at bay.


“[My] fave secret is to use a little extra loose powder under my eyes to catch any mistakes, and then brush it away after applying any eye make-up.” – Bev
 
“I use a little loose powder on my lashes before I apply my mascara to make them look thicker.” – Julie
 
 


Now get out there and play with those lashes, ladies! May they always look longer, thicker and clump-free! Here is a great video to watch to also help you perfect those lashes with Younique's 3D Fiber Lash Mascara


Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Ang
xoxo

"Friends Don't Let Friends Have Lil' Lashes"

:::Follow Me:::
Instagram: @YOUNIQUE_ANGELAMARSHALL
Twitter: younique_by_ang

No comments:

Post a Comment